WGGB ABC 40/FOX 6, Springfield, MA • February 2012 - Present
• Photographer (P2 and JVC HD-700 Cameras).
• Editing with Avid NewsCutter, as well as non-linear and ENG experience.
• Knowledge and use of The LiveU system and live on air and out in the field camera work, including phoners for breaking news.
• Experienced working in live, breaking situations, as well as big news such as Amber Alerts, Shootings and motor vehicle accidents.
• Shot promotable “sweeps” stories and also shooting sports such as High School Football.
• Footage has been used on national mediums such as CNN, FOX News Channel, 20/20, ABC News.
• Experienced in Web Feeding (ftp/http/vpn) and Web Streaming.
FULL CONTACT FIGHTER (www.fcfighter.com), New York, NY • 2011-PRESENT
Editor and Producer
• Revised footage that covered every Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) superstar and major MMA promotion in the world to date, including UFC, PRIDE, STRIKEFORCE, DREAM and K-1.
• Worked on projects of high definition coverage in engaging, story-telling formats, including documentary and journal style webisodes that bring viewers into the lives and training camps of fighters and other well-known MMA industry figures.
MATISYAHU - EPIC/SONY MUSIC RECORDING ARTIST • 2005-PRESENT
Videographer/Producer and Editor
• On site tour filming and editing of concerts and documentaries; Created packages for Matisyahu’s website and YouTube channel.
• Played a key role in ensuring successful shoots and tours that were commended by artists and tour personnel for sense of professionalism.
South by Southwest (SXSW) Film Conference and Festival, Austin, TX • 2011-2012
Editor and Videographer
• Shot and edited panels, bands and other SXSW events, including B-ROLL.
• Created sizzle reels for the festival to be used in promos for the 2012 festival.
• 2011 Shorty Award winner, which cites the best people and organizations producing short-form, real-time social media content.
ELEMENT PRODUCTIONS/BOSTON.TV, Boston, MA • 2008-2009
Production Assistant and Editor
• Assisted in filming projects for Element’s website.
• In charge of editing promotional pieces for Berklee School of Music’s website.
• Recorded and shortened Boston Celtics player and cheerleader interviews for Element Productions/BOSTON.TV website.
IHEG MUSIC ORGANIZATION, Northampton, MA • 2006-2008
• Effectively communicated objectives between musicians and IHEG event venues.
• Consistently constructed stage and dressing room set ups for various artists
UVC-TV 19, University of Massachusetts TV Station (2004-2008) • Amherst, MA
Sports Director. Videographer and Vice President
• Prioritized and organized workloads to meet strict deadlines; trained and supported team members.
• Interviewed artists Gym Class Heroes, Edward Sharp, O.A.R and IMA ROBOT.
• Coordinated events with cross-functional heads of fellow Registered Student Organizations, managed finances.
• Motivated and taught students how to use HD/Mini DV cameras and other filming and editing equipment.
• Masters of Arts, Media, Technology and Learning- University of Massachusetts-Amherst, Amherst, Massachusetts
• Bachelor of Arts, Journalism and Film Studies - University of Massachusetts-Amherst, Amherst, Massachusetts
Technical Proficiencies & Accomplishments
• Final Cut Pro 7, Motion, Live Type, Soundtrack, After Effects, Pro Tools, DVD Studio Pro, AVID, Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Soundbooth CS3, Logic Pro, Audacity, ISIS and Interplay. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Sony and Cannon HD Digital Video Cameras, Studio Floor Camera
• Accomplishments: Sound Editor and Engineer on Award winning documentary “Talent to Burn: Muller Family Blugrass” (2009), Vice-President-UVC-TV 19. Cameraman of the year (2006), Editor of the year (2007), and Director of the year (2008). Runner up 2007 MTV & Red Bull editing competition for skateboarder Ryan Sheckler.
~ Excellent references are available upon request ~
February 21, 2011
From the CD Theory of Everything, Aaron Dugan and Amy Carrigan discuss their song “Picassos of You”